Voting Accessibility Advisory Committee (VAAC)
The Stanislaus County Registrar of Voters is looking for dedicated members of the community to serve in a volunteer capacity on a Voting Accessibility Advisory Committee (VAAC) within Stanislaus County.
The purpose of the Voting Accessibility Advisory Committee (VAAC) is to advise and assist the Stanislaus County Registrar of Voters office in improving the electoral process for voters with disabilities.
- VAAC members will help the county continue to discover more effective ways to provide voter education and outreach to individuals with accessibility needs.
- Provide the public a forum to make recommendations on ways to improve access to voting and election materials.
- VAAC members will make recommendations on ways to improve the ability for all voters to vote independently and privately.
- VAAC members may recommend procedural improvements within the scope of current laws that will be considered for adoption by the Registrar of Voters.
The VAAC will meet a minimum of two times per year and as needed. The meetings will be at least two hours and held during the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. or 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. Meetings will be held virtually through Microsoft Teams meetings until in-person meetings are permissible. Members are asked to commit to at least two years on the committee.
2022 VAAC MEETING DATES
All meetings will begin at 10:00 AM and will be held via Zoom until further notice.
- February 16, 2022
- April 20, 2022
- August 17, 2022
- December 21, 2022
The agenda will be posted at least two weeks before the meeting date.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested and can commit to attending the meetings, please fill out this application.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail or In-Person: 1021 "I" Street, Suite 101, Modesto, CA 95354 (Business hours: 8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.)
- Fax: (209) 525-5802
The last day to return your application is Friday, April 30, 2021.
Applications will be reviewed. You will receive confirmation of your membership to the committee during the week of May 17, 2021.
Disclaimer: The information contained in these pages was valid at the time of publication. The County Clerk / Recorder / Registrar of Voters reserves the right to modify, update, change or make improvements at any time, without notice, and assumes no liability for damages incurred directly or indirectly as a result of errors, omissions or discrepancies.