Join a Committee (LAAC)
Language Accessibility Advisory Committee (LAAC)
Stanislaus County provides language assistance in Assyrian, Khmer, Punjabi and Spanish. Stanislaus County Registrar of Voters Office is looking for dedicated members of the community to serve as a volunteer on a Language Accessibility Advisory Committee (LAAC) within Stanislaus County.
The purpose of the Language Accessibility Advisory Committee (LAAC) is to advise and assist the Stanislaus County Registrar of Voters office in improving the electoral process for voters with limited English proficiency within the provisions of current election laws.
- LAAC members will help the county continue to discover more effective ways to provide voter education to communities with limited English proficiency. Provide the public a forum to make recommendations on ways to improve access to voting and election materials.
- LAAC members will assist in proof-reading election and voter education materials to ensure clarity for voters with limited English proficiency.
- LAAC members will assist in the recruitment and retention of bilingual workers.
- LAAC members may recommend procedural improvements within the scope of current laws that will be considered for adoption by the Registrar of Voters.
The VAAC will meet a minimum of two times per year and as needed. Meetings will be held virtually until in-person meetings are permissible. Members are asked to commit to at least two years on the committee.
2023 LAAC MEETING DATES
All meetings will begin at 11:00 AM and will be held via Zoom until further notice.
The agenda will be posted at least two weeks before the meeting date.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested and can commit to attending the meetings, please fill out this application.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail or In-Person: 1021 "I" Street, Suite 101, Modesto, CA 95354 (Business hours: 8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.)
- Fax: (209) 525-5802
Applications will be reviewed and you will receive confirmation of your membership to the committee.
Disclaimer: The information contained in these pages was valid at the time of publication. The County Clerk / Recorder / Registrar of Voters reserves the right to modify, update, change or make improvements at any time, without notice, and assumes no liability for damages incurred directly or indirectly as a result of errors, omissions or discrepancies.