Voting in Stanislaus County precincts is conducted by qualified Election Officers (Inspectors & Judges) who are appointed by the Stanislaus County Clerk-Recorder / Registrar of Voters.
Election Officers are responsible for conducting the voting in strict accordance with the voting laws of the State of California, and in doing so perform a very important service in preserving the democratic way of life in the land.
Polling Place Location
To find your polling location: Click here
An Election Officer must:
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be a California Citizen
- Be at least 18 years of age (or a High School Senior at least 16 years of age and good academic standing and a part of the student poll worker program)
- Be a registered voter in California
- Read and write English
- Work on Election Day from 6:00 A.M. until all duties are completed (approx. 10:00 P.M.)
- Attend a 3-4 hour mandatory training class, per election
- Have transportation
Duties: The duties of Election Officers (Inspectors & Judges) include:
- Prepare, open and close the polling place location
- Locate voter names on the roster
- Issue to and receive from the voters, their official ballots
- Assist voters in any phase of the voting process
- Perform all required duties assigned by the Registrar of Voters or Precinct Inspector
The Inspector, in addition, must:
- Be in charge of a polling place and its Precinct Board on Election Day
- Assign duties to clerks on Election Day
- Accept and check election supplies and availability of polling place before Election Day
Payment: Election Officers will be paid as follows:
- Inspector: $130
- Judge: $95
- Student: $95
If you meet the requirements and are interested in being an Election Officer, fill out and send the electronic form to the Elections Office located at: 1021 "I" Street, Suite 101, Modesto, CA 95354.
Disclaimer: The information contained in these pages was valid at the time of publication. The County Clerk / Recorder / Registrar of Voters reserves the right to modify, update, change or make improvements at any time, without notice, and assumes no liability for damages incurred directly or indirectly as a result of errors, omissions or discrepancies.