Voting in Stanislaus County precincts is conducted by qualified poll workers (inspectors and judges) who are appointed by the Stanislaus County Clerk-Recorder & Registrar of Voters.
Poll workers are responsible for conducting the voting in strict accordance with the voting laws of the State of California, and in doing so perform a very important service in preserving the democratic way of life in the land.
Polling Place Location
Find your polling location
A poll worker must:
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be a California Citizen
- Be at least 18 years of age (or a high school senior at least 16 years of age and in good academic standing and a part of the student poll worker program)
- Be a registered voter in California
- Read and write English
- Work on Election Day from 6:00 a.m. until all duties are completed (approximately 10:00 p.m.)
- Attend a 3-4 hour mandatory training class, per election
- Have transportation
Duties: The duties of poll workers (inspectors & judges) include:
- Prepare, open and close the polling place location
- Locate voter names on the roster
- Issue to and receive from the voters their official ballots
- Assist voters in any phase of the voting process
- Perform all required duties assigned by the Registrar of Voters or precinct inspector
The inspector, in addition, must:
- Be in charge of a polling place and its precinct board on Election Day
- Assign duties to clerks on Election Day
- Accept and check election supplies and availability of polling place before Election Day
Payment: Poll workers will be paid as follows:
- Inspector: $130
- Judge: $95
- Student: $95
If you meet the requirements and are interested in being a poll worker, fill out and send the electronic form to the Elections Office located at: 1021 "I" Street, Suite 101, Modesto, CA 95354.
Poll workers must attend a 3-4 hour training class. They will receive the date, time and location of their training class about one month in advance.
See the entire training schedule for the next election
Disclaimer: The information contained in these pages was valid at the time of publication. The County Clerk-Recorder & Registrar of Voters reserves the right to modify, update, change or make improvements at any time, without notice, and assumes no liability for damages incurred directly or indirectly as a result of errors, omissions or discrepancies.
Page Contact: Webmaster